Hospitality & Tourism > Chefs/Cooks Attractive hourly rate + Generous incentive bonus
Attention all Chefs/Cooks!
We are currently looking for Chefs/Cooks across multiple sites
Asian Garden Hospitality (AGH) is a Kiwi owned business with 14 restaurants nationwide including:
- Buddha Stix
- Spirit House
- Mama San
- Hoi An House
- and many more…
What's in it for you?
- Attractive hourly rate on offer with additional benefits
- Generous quarterly incentive bonus
- Personal growth - grow within our nationwide company and explore your full potential. Move up roles, move to new places.
- Huge opportunities. Gain new skills, own or license a restaurant, management, upskilling, course opportunities.
- High performing values-based culture where people are genuinely at its heart.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Working back of house, meal prep, cooking, plating up, takeaways. Team work makes the dream work,.
- Clear communication between BOH & FOH members.
- Managing food cost including correct portion sizes, inventory management and wastage kept to a minimum.
- Quality control – ensuring food quality and presentation is kept to high standards.
- Genuine interest in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Working closely with the Restaurant & Assistant Manager dealing with customer feedback, complaints and planning.
We want people who has…
The eagerness to help us provide ‘world-class’ service and a dining experience that reflects our commitment to our customers. Your passion for providing and exceeding the highest of food quality standards for our customers should shine through!
- Leadership – Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Dependability – Reliable, responsible, and dependable. Fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity – Honest and Ethical.
- Cooperation – Good natured, pleasant with others, cooperative attitude.
- Self Control – Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, avoiding aggressive behaviour in difficult situations.
- Attention to detail – Thorough in completing all work tasks and making sure systems are followed that have already been put into place.
- Professionalism – Acting in a professional manner at all times, both individually and as a team.
What we're looking for:
- Experience as a cook/chef/chef de partie/commis chef or similar in a hotel or restaurant.
- Be prepared to meet & exceed our operating standards, NZFSA Food Control Plans, Health and Safety requirements.
- Take personal responsibility for your own work ethic.
- Someone to take responsibility for a positive customer experience.
- To take responsibility that all daily activities are met and stock is effectively managed.
DOES THAT SOUND LIKE YOU?
Join the team at one of our restaurants
Online Application Form
Working with the Asian Hospitality Group is more than just a job. There are great benefits, including Team Discounts and complimentary classes at our Asian Garden Cooking School
Here at the Asian Hospitality Group, we have a strong commitment in investing in your professional and personal development by in-house coaching and mentoring.